View Single Post
Old
10-29-2003, 01:20 PM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
i know it is useless to argue on these boards cause of the stigmas and mindsets here, but why trade poti? all off-season i said give him this year to prove himself. most of your complaints were about not hitting enough and playing the body instead of the poke-check, well guess what? he is playing a physical game this year(not scott stevens physical but hitting nonetheless) and he even led the team in hits last night. and trading him for gauthier helps this team how? the guy is a injury-prone defenseman that has no offensive upside. poti is showing he can adapt his game while still having the tools on offense. poti for bryan allen? wow that one blows.

here is my deal:
to washington:
darius kasparaitis and anson carter

to new york:
jaromir jagr,mike grier,nolan yonkman and 2004 1st round draft pick

-by getting rid of kaspar's contract which is 4.5 million per year it actually makes jagr's salary 7 million per year instead of 11. dont know if that makes sense or not to you.

-carter really isnt doing anything in new york and by getting grier to play shotgun with holik on a real checking line it helps the team. also yonkman and the 1st help the deal too.

hlavac-nedved-kovalev
just give it some time it will work.

lundmark-lindros-jagr
jagr and lindros should play well together since lindros plays well with a big winger and a guy that carries the puck(jagr) and lundmark should benefit from the setups by jagr with the open space lindros-jagr creates.

rucinsky-holik-grier
grier and holik should complement each other well and rucinsky adds some speed and scoring ability to the line

simon-messier-barnaby
this line seems to play well together when getting 4th line minutes.

i wont even post my defensive pairings cause i know i would get burned by the "real rangers fans" on these boards.