View Single Post
Old
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
No way should Staal get 2st pairing minutes ahead of Suter. Also, our forwards look like garbage. Hagelin on the 2nd line? Yikes. MZA? He deserves a shot but unproven. And the bottom 2 lines are terrible. As shaky as our D has been, our main problem (still and has been for years) has been lack of skill.

If we make any trades I want it for a cheap defenseman or serious offensive upgrade. I would look at Krecji, Eriksson, Bourque, somewhere along those lines. We need offense. When Staal comes back the d will be fine.

I say all prospects are up for grabs here too (in the right deal). Signing Brad and having Hank in his prime is win now mode. I just hope the office realizes this too. If a Kreider or Thomas is the difference between getting a Loui Eriksson or [insert veteran rental], I think you bite the bullet and do it. We're only 2-3 pieces away IMO.

For Suter, I go after him in UFA. No need to mortgage our offense for the year to get him.
When is Staal coming back? There hasn't been a word said about him from the organization in weeks. Our D isnt going to hold up much longer as currently constructed. Rangers need a D upgrade anyways - a 2 way vet.