View Single Post
Old
10-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
"Canada Cup" 2012 Roster

I am not sure if they have ruled out the idea of having a Canada Cup in 2012 (in August), the last I heard was that the Olympics was doubtful but that they would run the Canada Cup/World Cups for sure. But then I've not heard anything about them announcing a tournament, and time seems to be an issue.

Anyway with all the kids breaking through, and many of the vets leaving the scene, I thought it was fun to make a roster for a potential Canada Cup in 2012.

Here is my roster:
Sedin-Sedin-Landeskog//Gabriel Landeskog in a Burrows role!
Pääjärvi-Zetterberg-Franzen//I want a really fast team, especially since the games are played in August and many vets historically are look pretty darn slow in the CC/WC. I am not sold on Pääjärvi, but he brings alot of speed and I would put him on the 2nd line.
Zinbanejad-Bäckström-Louie Eriksson//Zinbanejad in a AO role! Bäckis loves to have a right hand shot on the left side. Z would also bring alot of speed and enthusiasm. Eriksson is the sniper on the other side of one of the best playmakers in the game.
Steen-Patrik Berglund-Alfredsson//Alfie is a lock if he is still playing, and he does a really good job in more of a checking role too. Berglund have to settle on the 4th line. The LW position here is tough. Giving the youth we have on the top 3, I want someone with a little bit more experience -- and PKing ability is really important too. Steen is one of the most underrated players in the NHL (of the Swede's). Everyone from Kreuger to Enqvist to a bunch of SELers would challenge.

The blueline is hard to put together, but this is how mine would look (I am counting on Lidström retireing -- but it would be awesome if still played):
Hedman-Kronwall//Hedman will be a rock in another year. Kronwall is our best RD.
Tallinder-Erik Karlsson//Karlsson might be the best offensive D in the game right now. I wouldn't mind to play Tallinder with more of a defensively solid D partner to get a real shut down D pairing, but I can't leave the offensive guys out.
Enström-Larsson//I am giving Larsson the benefit of the doubt. We are a bit heavy on LD's over RD's -- its important to have guys in their natrual positions on the small rinks, you don't get much time in the corners.
Jonathan Eriksson/Öhlund-Edler//All three could make alot of sense/be locks. Gotta wait on see on this one. OEL? Nah, I am not sure if he makes it since he wouldn't be a top offensive D on this team anyway.
Lundqvist
Marklund

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote