View Single Post
Old
11-08-2005, 12:27 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
This is pretty pessimistic. Everyone has talked about how incredible our wing depth is. With our top 4 wingers now being Kariya, Sullivan, Hartnell, Erat, this should not be a devastating loss. This is a chance for Hartnell to offically get off the 3rd line. Upshall has been waiting for an opportunity, now he's now got it. Also, we might get a chance to see what Gamache can really do (especially if Sullivan and Hall are still out).

I hold higher expecations of .500. It's time for people to step up.
It's not his play that I'm worried about losing. It's the mental effect it seems to have on the team. He's known for being a vocal. leading player...a motivator...and it doesn't seem like the other guys who are supposed to be filling that role(Johnson,Sullivan, Kariya, Hartnell) are stepping up. Our play seems, in a word, deflated, without Walker.

As for being pessimistic...yeah...I am feeling pessimistic, but mainly because aside from the third period of the Colorado game, I haven't seen the Preds play in a way that makes me feel OPTIMISTIC. We were winning games while being outplayed, and that's great and all...but now we're losing them. Scoring first is supposed to be a big swing toward winning the game, but these days even a 2 goal lead in the third isn't enough.