View Single Post
Old
10-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's not cause he his a bad player, it's cause we have more option for our pp. Gionta also kills penalties, guys like AK, DD, Pacioretty don't kill penalties so give them the pp time and rest the others. Also I was mostly reffering to the 5 on 3 for the pp, give the chance to Pacioretty who has been our best offensive player so far this season
exactly...

it's not so much a "knock" on Gionta, as much as it's wondering why 2 players who seem to clearly have better passing/vision, don't get more of an opportunity.

That Gionta and Cammy are so similar (one-dimensional offensive players, albeit Gionta plays a bit more "gritty" and Cammy a bit more "peripheral"), also begs the question of why have them on the ice at the same time.

Also, I was probably somewhat mistaken to equate it to veteran favoritism (though i do think that is a factor), seeing as DD gets more pp time than every fwd after Pleks.

Martin just doesn't seem as comfortable with A.Kost/Eller, and to a degree that may be warranted, but like last year, better to have them playing those minutes now, making the learning curve adjustments they need to make, then wait until the PO's and throw them out there when it is obvious they are better suited to give the team the offensive zone play needed.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote