Thread: Cammy
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino3176 View Post
We should send Gomez to the minors and if he clears waivers then we should leave him there just like the Ranger's are doing with Redden. As for Gionta I would not be opposed to trading him as well but he will not get you a young guy like Stewart where as Cammy should. Remember Cole and Pacioretty are big strong guy's but they don't drop the gloves but Stewart can drop the gloves and does so from time to time. Watch Stewart play then tell me you don't want him on the Habs. Stewart is young and he is going to be great and he is one of the guy's that is considered a workout buff so I doubt he is fat and out of shape. In fact he worksout and trains in the offseason with his brother (Anthony another guy we should try and trade for, he was a hugh Habs fan growing up), and Simmonds with Philly.
Both Stewart brothers have had conditioning problems...........Chris has spent time in the doghouse throuhout his young career because of uninspired, lazy play. This is also the reason that he was a slow developer as some were ready to write him off as a bust before he broke out in Colorado.

It is possible that he would be a little more inspired in Montreal as he did grow up being a huge Hab fan......but this does not justify trading a proven playoff warrior like Cammalleri. Once you identify proven playoff producers, you keep them and build around them. It is the Kostitsyn types that hibernate during the sping months that should look at trading.

The fact is that neither team would make this trade. Cammalleri has proven to be gold when it counts and Stewart was the main piece that St.Louis got for Johnson. Both organizations have too much invested in each player.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote