Thread: Confirmed with Link: Ryan Johansen staying in Columbus
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Palinka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reporob View Post
well if the team was a little better then i might see your point on keeping him..but since columbus has won 2 games and the organisation is run like crap why should they not send him down.after all he is only 19..so how many teams have kept young prospects on a BAD team that has turned out good? my guess is not to many..
There have been over 60 since 2000 alone who have made the NHL and stuck right after being drafted. These include but are not limited to: Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Nathan Horton, Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrice Bergeron, Marian Gaborik, Steven Stamkos, Jeff Skinner, Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Rick Nash, Drew Doughty, Cam Fowler, Alex Burmistrov, Anze Kopitar, Victor Hedman, Luke Schenn, Phil Kessel, Dmitry Kulikov, Taylor Hall, and Evander Kane.

Teams are currently so terrified of either actually rushing or being perceived as rushing as a young player that they'll only do it if it's obvious that the kid is either ready for the NHL or simply would gain nothing by going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
Send him back to save a year and, more importantly, get the house cleaned out, bring in a competent GM who can start changing the culture of the entire org, THEN bring him back next year. I am really concerned that they are going to ruin or stunt another prospect, and this kid may be the best one since Rick Nash. He looks to be a true building block for the future, and they need to protect that because imo they don't have many of those.
Nash is the only CBJ draft pick to ever make the team and stick right after being drafted. Almost everyone else has been brought along slowly, and where did that get them?

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote