View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reporob View Post
well if the team was a little better then i might see your point on keeping him..but since columbus has won 2 games and the organisation is run like crap why should they not send him down.after all he is only 19..so how many teams have kept young prospects on a BAD team that has turned out good? my guess is not to many..
Well let me just think about the recent past.

The worst team in the NHL, at least by record with a whopping 56 points kept several young prospects on the team, 2 good young center prospects and a solid young winger. The two centers ended up as All-Stars.

Then there was this other team, that ended up with a very Columbus-like 88 points who kept two young prospects on that crappy team. Both eventually became All Stars.

On the first team, the 56 point team those young guys were Mike Richards, Jeff Carter and RJ Umberger. On the second team, those young prospects with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane.

I'm not against sending Johansen down, but I think your argument is terribly flawed.

I haven't voted because I don't honestly know what they should do. The answer is in the dressing room. I don't know the atmosphere in there. Is it a group that is competitive and will kick and scratch for all they are worth to become a good team, or is it a beaten group? Only folks on the inside know this. If it's the former situation, he is better off in Columbus. If it's the latter, he's better off in Portland.

I want Ryan in the best possible environment to develop him into the kind of impact player he can become.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote