View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I'll agree that there is no clear cut answer right now.

Basically, I do not want him chaffing under Hitchcock if the big guy returns behind the bench.

Johansen is fresh from juniors, needs time and understanding to learn from his mistakes, not scratched or benched for the smallest mistake.

Hitchcock has proven that he's not interested in development... period, especially with a player like RyJo, who hasn't experienced the pro game much and his leash will be incredibly short. If there is any chance that Hitchcock takes over, send him back down immediately.

If I have guarentees that Arniel or Richards will remain as the coach, I'd say keep him up here.
That's a very tired meme. Hitchcock had a lot to do with the development of Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and RJ Umberger. Brassard and Voracek were their most productive when they were playing for Hitchcock.

Many say that because of his handling of Nikita Filatov. They were vindicated by by how well Filatov played for Arniel and now for MacLean in Ottawa. :

Filatov was arguably the 2nd most skilled player his draft year after Stamkos, and some said more skilled than Stamkos. Filatov is in Binghamton playing in the AHL.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote