Thread: Confirmed with Link: Perry Pearn fired
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I think the firing was unnecessary. The habs were playing well, but the results weren't yet there. It was only a matter of time if they continued to dominate teams that they would win.

I honestly don't think getting rid of Pearn had anything to do with our recent success. It was a knee jerk reaction imho.

I don't care about Pearn personally, but I expect better from our management than to give in to angry fans and media using a guy with little to no fault the hook a few hrs before the game, when they had a couple of days to do it. PG threw him under the bus. Even JM had the sense to want to keep him around. If the head coach believes in his Ass coach, than that is all I need.
What if management is losing belief in the coach? They didn't get rid of Pearn as a knee jerk reaction. They fired him to give Martin a kick in the ass. This whole buddy-buddy system is a safety net for these guys. Gauthier, Martin, Pearn, Cunneyworth and Timmins are all from the Ottawa system. I bet Gainey or Molson decided to make an executive decision to break some of this up. Firing Pearn remove Martin's safety net behind the bench. It makes him more accountable, which is only a good thing in my opinion.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote