View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Feicht

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Well, we can't trade Brass till we know Carter is ready. Anyway we can get someone to willingly take Pahlsson, he's been in my opinion, the worst player on offense this season?
Honestly though, Pahlsson isn't really paid to put up points; Brassard, however, is; and though it really pains me to say it, he hasn't delivered. A few years ago early in the season when we had Brass, Jake, and Filatov flying around the ice, I had really hoped we had the makings of what you're seeing in Edmonton right now: a nice crop of talented, young players out there having fun and winning games. Obviously that quickly unravelled (for a number of reasons), and now Brass is the only one of those guys we have left. For whatever reason, he just hasn't been able to be the player that showed so much promise a couple years ago before going down with that shoulder injury. I would like to see him get back to form, but we've been waiting quite a while now

EDIT: To be fair, I am not saying that Brass is a bad player, it is just that he has evolved into more of a lower-tier second liner than the #1 center it seemed like he could be. If Johansen keeps up his play of late, he will quickly make Brassard increasingly irrelevant.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote