View Single Post
Old
11-08-2005, 11:22 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Everyone in the GEC thought Erat's last chance to score on the night might be that shift-- how pissed must Trotz be with the add-on penalties like that? It's penalties like that that make a guy's neck shrink into his body leaving his head perched on top of his shoulders like a bowling ball on a rack. But I digress.

Erat is carrying the scoring load in the last few games.

Kariya-- why, when he sets up on the half board on the pp does he not even look to shoot? Cliff Ronning scored from there all the time...surely PK can fire it from there. And scoring on the breakaway occasionally would be nice. That being said, we have never had a talent close to that here IMO.

Smithson. Unfair to say Smithson was not good/ not bad. He made the Kimmo goal with unbelievable effort and was flying all night-- much better than any Fiddler/Classen/etc. callup game. He might not want to fight Pronger regularly though.

New D pairings. I wouldn't have guessed that Suter would be covering for Zid's shortcomings instead of Hamhuis but what the heck-- it looked better.

Powerplay-- at least the dmen were teeing it up more. We need some traffic though in front of the net.

Houlder...uhhh...Allison did ok when called upon. I think he even won a draw if I'm not mistaken.

Upshall-- great hustle tonight esp. on a couple of PK's.

Capt'n Greg-- picked up his forechecking considerably. His best game to date.

A very, very tense game and the best last 2 minutes of any game that I can remember at the GEC.