Thread: OT: Ryan Smyth
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
I was not saying anyone is a xenophobe. I was simply saying that people got all caught up in the "Captain Canada" thing blinded a lot of people and they failed to realize the guy totally mailed it in last season. There was no effort to backcheck, no effort to go the extra mile. Smyth must have known he was going to ask to leave, there was no motivation or effort down the stretch last season from him. Which is sad and pathetic for a supposed leader who was cashing as big a check as he was. He totally quit on the Kings on the ice last season and off the ice in the offseason, so much for being a pros pro.

As for the cap space, ya it should have been used on better players who wanted to sign here. Players who were in the primes of their careers, who would still be here contributing today. Not on a washed up player in his mid 30's who breaks down and quits halfway through the season.

And my last comment had nothing to do with DL, I was trying to lure my favorite poster back here. He used to say Smyth was better than all those guys.

I miss him.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote