Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
I'd MUCH rather trade Gionta.
Of course you would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Out of our major UFA, Cammy is the last one I would trade. I would certainly think about letting Gomez and Gionta go before him.
No kidding.

You won't get the same return though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Habs probably do this trade, but...

Cammy is the best playoff scorer on the habs. (and a tremendous presence in the locker room)

If they want to win now, it would be a step backwards to make this trade right now.
No doubt he's our best playoff scorer. And yes, if they want to win it now it's a step backwards. The only reason to deal him is to get something for the future. Sometimes you've got to take one step back to go two steps forward.

Question is, do you think we can "win it now?" If you do, then fine... hang on to him. But if not, then deal him so that we can actually win something down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not that I totally disagree but asking to trade a player for a player that they have no chance of getting in return isn't thinking out of the box. It's like me saying let's trade Gionta for Kulemin. Hey both score 30g but we have too many small guys. Would never work, Leafs would never do that trade.
Well, that's a whole other story. As I said above, I don't know enough about Stewart and can't comment on this deal specifically because of this.

I find it hilarious though that some folks are saying that there's NO WAY we should do this vs. others who say there's NO WAY St. Louis does it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
And the tank master is back. You have ZERO confidence in this team..How come your here when all you do is say "trade our vets we are not good enough" trade trade trade.
You're right insofar as I don't have confidence that we can win a cup with the squad we have now. I think we're a playoff team and that's about it.

I'd like us to actually be good enough to win a cup someday. We have cup quality goaltending right now and that's about it. It would be nice to build a team that would be capable of supporting Price enough that we could actually contend for something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
He's a genius actually. He realizes trading a star player is thinking outside the box........
Yeah, I guess I should be like you. Koivu was going to lead us to a cup right? It wouldn't have made sense for us to deal him for a prospect like Bobby Ryan right? And Markov? Whew... good thing we hung onto him instead of dealing him like I suggested a couple years back.

Lord knows that you've been dead on with his being completely healthy for the past 2 years. Too bad he's still on the shelf. I mean, what a shock that was.

Good news though, Jason Blake should be ready to become a UFA any day now so I guess we can go get him because he's the last piece for us to win a cup.

I your definition of "thinking outside the box" is dealing away one of our best prospects for an underperforming center like Gomez. Well congratulations, the team has followed your route. I'm just amazed we haven't won a cup yet.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote