View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Boardish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Haven't read the thread, but Kostitsyn is not playing on the PP because he's not good at it. He lacks hockey sense, intersity and has trouble using his linemates. Not saying he sucks, but he end Eller should be getting a lot of 5 on 5 icetime, while Desharnais and Cammalleri are PP guys.
If he lacks hockey sense, intensity (I guess that's what you meant) and has trouble using his linemates, why is he 3rd in points on the team while being 12th in TOI/G? He only has a good shot?

Yeah, of course Desharnais, Cammalleri (even though I don't see how he has more intensity than AK or how he uses his linemates better... and I'm not saying Kostitsyn should take his spot), Plekanec and Pacioretty are probably better on the PP than Kostitsyn. He should still play on the PP before a guy like Darche (nothing against him, I actually love him). Anyway, I guess he will get more PP time later this season.

By the way, I'm pretty sure intensity is more usefull 5vs5, not 5vs4. Kostitsyn is second in points at even strenght. Kovalev wasn't the most intense guy, but he was still the best player on the PP a few years ago (something like 39pts?).

The thing is, since we seem to take a lot of penalties, a player like Kostitsyn often stay on the bench. At least Eller and Moen play on the PK. So if Kostitsyn doesn't get any PP time, it's hard for him to ''get'' into the game, or at least to play at his best. Cammalleri asked JM to put him on the PK because he wanted to be on the ice as much as possible to stay focused.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote