View Single Post
Old
10-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
You just proved my point about Savard. Not ONE of his draft picks is playing in the NHL. 0, NADA.

Every other team in the league has one or more picks from those 4 years playing in the NHL, I bet.

Andre Savard was even worse than Serge Savard if that is possible. No more Franco management. Ever.
Whatever credibility you had left, you lost now. The fact that Montreal does have two picks in the NHL from those 4 years in Hainsey and Hossa kills your point. No they aren't Savards picks, but they developed and are in the lineup under his regime. You can't discount that.

If you make a point about Savard draft record compared to other teams, you can't look at four years. Its THREE years Savard was at the helm. So doing a little research, while Savard was Gm in Montreal; Buffalo, New Jersey, Rangers (I would count Blackburn but seeing as you discount Komisareks, for the purpose of this thread, you know..), and Tampa Bay don't have anyone from the last 3 years.

Also, maybe you should think of draft positions, maturity, age when talking drafting. Yes teams like Atlanta have one guy, but guess what his name is Kovalchuk. Can you name the one player that have cracked Pittsburgh, and Columbus in the last three years. How about the one guy who cracked Ottawa, how about Philly. Its not tough. Coincidentally they are number 1-4 picks, and exceptional talents.

How about teams that draft overage Europeans like St Louis. Cajanek is the only Blue, but he wasn't a prospect.

My god, I can't believe I wasted my time on this ridiculous thread.