View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
Setting up a Workout Routine

Hey everyone, I was just going to chime in and ask for some advice on preparing a workout routine to get myself in shape for a league. I am trying to be realistic and I've realized I'm not in good enough shape to play for extended periods of time, i.e. whole game situations, so I'm going to say I want to prepare for 3-6 months and KNOW I'm ready before taking the step into the league.

I'm currently weighing in at 165 ibs and am 20 years old. There is a gym on campus which was just renovated and is free to all students. It has pretty much everything when it comes to workout machines.

I guess what I'm asking is, I have a whole gym at my disposal and I've never really made a workout routine before- what do I do? I figure the most important thing I can do right now is cardio, i.e. bikes and treadmills. Aside from that, what would be a good start to improve my legs, and in particular getting a more powerful stride. Should I spend most of my time focusing on my lower body, or try and have a more complete workout, or should that wait until I see some results and build up to it? Any advice is appreciated!

Sear91 is offline   Reply With Quote