View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Not to confuse the issue but "Carrying us to the playoffs" are your words. I said "help" the CBJ get to the playoffs. Big difference.
noted, and fixed. might have gotten carried away a bit.

I just want to win. I don't care about draft picks, the locker room, or whatever. I think the guys in the core can get it done. even though he's likely to only be a part of the org for a few more months, a guy like Vinny is just the guy this room needs, and he could very well be the most important player this org has ever had. Instead of assuming Johansen will only absorb negatives, it is possible that being around some of these guys, especially a guy like vinny, can help him grow into a good player and leader. I believe that there is no country club. Rather, I believe that you just have a collection of guys who don't know what it takes to win in this league. Not knowing what it takes is not equivalent to not willing to do what it takes, IMO. I hate to put it all on Vinny, and I sincerely doubt he's alone in his assessment of the team, but a guy like him stepping up is what gives me hope for change and a brighter future.