View Single Post
Old
10-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Dream for a Minute:

Play GM or Coach for a minute. Forget the current miseries of the team. What would you do with the club? How would your lineup look by end season?

Myself, I would like to see the following lineup at the end of the year:

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Plekanec-Higgins-*veteran forward a la Gelinas*
Bulis-Hossa-Sundstrom
Langdon-Begin-Ward

Souray-Komisarek
Markov-Rivet
Hainsey-Brisebois

extra: Kilger, Bouillon

That would mean the following would be out: Perreault, Quintal, Audette, Juneau, Dackell

The lineup would be bigger, stronger, more intense, capable of playing both ways, strength down the middle, but the team would be riddled with youth. With youth, comes mistakes and losses.

Every line would be capable in all three zones. The Habs currently are being eaten up because only Juneau is a capable defensive center (among the top 3 lines). That means the opposition can matchup their topline centers against either Ribeiro or Perreault on the road, and there's almost a guaranteed quality scoring chance for the opposition. Under these lines, that wouldn't be the case.

Hossa is also a capable go-to-guy if given the chance. He seems more comfortable in that way, but is versatile enough to play the banger on a line. I'd rather see him developed down the middle than as a grinder.

Since everyone's turned to the doom & gloom perspective, it seems like a nice time to remember the youth is just around the corner. And I don't see this lineup as that far-fetched come end-season.