Thread: Cammy
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Skarjak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
what about having a power forward like stewart for the playoffs? don't you think that would help us against bigger teams?
Would Stewart be more than a point per game player for us in the playoffs? I mean, at the end of the day, the goal of the game is to score more goals. There are very few players in the NHL with better production than Cammy in the last two years of playoffs, so I don't see how we could obtain anyone in a trade that would be more useful in the playoffs than him.

We also have a big enough team right now. Pacioretty and Cole are power forwards, while AK, Eller and Moen are all physically imposing players. And White players a physical game. We're a little light on the back end, but Stewart isn't going to fix that.

I think that the goal for this franchise is always to win the Stanley cup, Lafleurs Guy. We currently have a team which is no worse than last year's Stanley cup winner. We also have some good players in their prime and young players on their first few contracts. This is the time to win a cup. It would be ridiculous to rebuild now, after Gainey's rebuild. You've gotta stop rebuilding at some point and try to win. You want to get rid of our good players and watch this team suck for five more years, with no assurance that we'll be better at the end? I don't.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote