10-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I doubt that happens. He is a fantastic skater and I think there was a lot of hope he would develop into a goalscorer. At one time, he was seen as being a mini-Pavel Bure. But, he he uses his linemates poorly and I don't see him ever getting 35- 40 assists. Also, he is somewhat soft and his concusion seems to have made him even more leery of contact.

I predict he is out of the NHL within two years.

Soft? Not the same guy I've watched for two and a half seasons. While not someone who's going to rumble over the top of players, when healthy (which he showed to start the season but being one of Ruff's perpetual whipping boys, he was sat in place of more workmanlike players who are for now working hard---check back in a few weeks when those guys aren't working quite so hard yet are still getting quality minutes and you'll notice Ruff's classic favoritism at work) he's a guy who goes into traffic and does not shy away from contact. Classic Max was at the end of the 01-02 season when Scott Stevens knocked Satan to the ice in a post whistle scrum and Max was the first guy--and only guy---diving in to help out his captain. He's not a bruiser, but your implecation that he's "soft" is way off base.

He wasn't shying away from contact in camp, nor to start the season. Numbers and lack of production have bounced him to the press box. It's too bad, the kid's got the sort of flash that a lot of paying customers are interested in seeing. Eh.