View Single Post
Old
11-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
As a BU fan, I've seen way too many BC guys light it up against the Terriers. Recent guys like Gerbe, Atkinson, Smith, Ferriero were all putting up 40+ points their sophomore years and Whitney put up 50 in his first year (granted, he was playing with Gerbe and then sucked the year after without Gerbe), so York definitely puts out guys who score as soon as they're ready to contribute.
Yes, this is something Rangers fans just won't let go...I don't doubt that York had guys he wanted to play over Kreider in general, because of seniority and probably production, but Kreider also didn't force the issue. Despite him having a bunch of great tools, I don't think he was ready mentally to take the reigns and be a consistent go to guy

People hold up his WJC performances as some kind of proof that BC was holding him back, but really what we can see is that he still wasn't really ready to be that guy who shoulders the load and forces himself into top minute icetime.

When he's more assertive, he's great, but I think it's taken him up to this year to feel ready and confident enough to play assertively on a consistent basis. Too often before now, he would look a bit too tentative, like he didn't want to get out of position or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
How does he compare to Atkinson?
Bigger and faster, but obviously Atkinson figured out his scoring touch a lot faster than Kreider.