View Single Post
11-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Poster of the Year
vCash: 69
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Dropping to 29th overall might actually have been the best thing that could have happened for Etem. Seems like he's playing with a chip on his shoulder, a "prove them wrong" attitude, and as a California kid he has the potential to be a real fan favorite in Anaheim. Being a perceived steal in the draft always helps with fans loving you as well.
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
Etem's goal totals are inflated by him scoring.
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Powerful logic there.
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Ducks didn't have a top 6 spot open for him. Since he is in juniors he has to stay there until their season is over.

Originally Posted by Sid82 View Post
so why he didn't make the cut on the ducks team this year? its possible getting called during the season? could he also play ahl?which team?
thx for answers
He honestly didn't have the greatest camp. He looked really good, but like there were a few aspects to his game that needed work. And I'm gonna be honest the WHL won't smooth them out. He's skating circles against his opposition and isn't really presented with the challenges he'll face in the NHL. So I don't think his time in Medicine Hat is really helping him grow, and he may see time next year in Syracuse. Though it is possible that we run a Etem-Holland-Palmieri line next year.

Anyone know how many games are in a WHL season? I think it's 72 right?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote