View Single Post
Old
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Not really, as no type of goal "inflates" goal totals, in my opinion. Three empty-netters at this point of the season are above average, but so are his regular goal totals. With his qualities allowing him to capitalize in those situations, it's not guaranteed that his goal totals for this point in time are "inflated" in the sense that they are all but certain to drop significantly because of 'less fortunate circumstances' as the season goes along.
3 empty netters at this point is more than above average. I disagree with that. The WHL has 72 games, he wont score 14 empty netters this season. That's why his goal totals are inflated.

22 goals in 16 games makes people think he will score 70, definitely because he's scoring a lot already. The chances he will score 70 are less likely than that he will hit 55, perhaps 60 eventually.

Again, plenty of players in the past that have scored over a goal per game in the beginning of the season, just to drop off later in the season. Which is more than logical. I'm not downgrading anybody, I just put some things into perspective.

I just cant believe some people are offended by it but that's the trend nowadays here at HF. Its ridiculous that I have to repond 4/5 times. One little, tiny logical observation and people are getting crazy immediately. Not you by the way, at least you can respond properly.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote