View Single Post
Old
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Can't see the clip right now but I'm going to assume it's relating to the Hitchcock exchange? If so, that's not the same as this situation. In that case, Hitchcock was yapping at Torts players during the games. This is different. It's said by a player after the game was over, when he knew he wouldn't have to play them again in the regular season.

The "battle" in this instance is over. Thornton issued a condemning statement about the team...Tortorella's team. It's also somewhat of a fragile team right now and all Torts did was basically tell Thornton to **** off...nothing more.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, but I can't understand how a grown man being himself "worries" you.
Because Ive never gotten the sense that hes really in control of his emotions - and in this instance, its not how a "grown man" should be reacting to this situation. Just my opinion.

If he wanted to elaborate on his comments, stick with the "Wonderful" comment and move on. Maybe add in a "I hope we're that soft every game" or something innocent like that - and move on. IMO, Tortorella went wildly overboard in his response, and its just a silly, needless thing to do.

Forgive me for trying to look at situations objectively. I know thats a wild notion sometimes on this board. But an opposing coach would be getting absolutely ROASTED around here if they said that in response to something Avery said.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote