View Single Post
11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
vCash: 500
Junior captain John Ramage was certainly among the many disappointed following the Badgers' season last year.

Reaching the national championship game as a freshman in 2010, Ramage, as a sophomore, sat at home the last month of the season. Eliminated in the middle of March with a WCHA playoff loss at Colorado College, Ramage was left to watch as other squads advanced through the playoffs and on to the NCAA Frozen Four.

The 2010-11 Badgers failed to reach the NCAA tournament for just the third time in the past eight seasons.

But this year, the Badgers put a much different team on the ice. Veteran leadership, like Craig Smith, Jordy Murray, Jake Gardiner, Sean Dolan, Scott Gudmandson, Brett Bennett and Patrick Johnson, has skated off the ice for Wisconsin. Meanwhile, a young but deeply talented freshman squad enters the fold.

And for Ramage, he’s definitely a different player as well. Ramage returns to Wisconsin this season with unfinished business on his plate.

“I just wanted to come back and have a good year,” Ramage said. “I felt last year I struggled and didn’t have the best year I could have and I just really want to come back and prove myself to Wisconsin. I kind of owe it to my teammates and my coaches.”