View Single Post
Old
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I'm pretty sure injuries is the only reason for his decline in skating. He was actually an above average skater in the 09-10 season and in the first half of the 10-11 season. And I don't see how not taking the medical path is a sign of character issues. No player wants to sit out for a good portion of the year if they can help it. Even with minor injuries, he was still able to help out the team and produce at a near elite level. He can't do that on the LTIR.
I am aware of that. It is a two-edged sword. Selanne had the lockout so he could address his issues. Would Selanne have had the knee procedure if there was no lockout? In no way was Heater ever better than average as a skater that I have seen.

I don't agree on production because they were forcefeeding him and giving him opportunities that no other Sharks was getting. I think that he is good but not as good as his production would indicate. The turnover issue was there up until his last half-season with the Sharks. I was going to hold back on my criticism because I assumed the common response here. I would like to say that we should all look to Minny at the end of the year and see where he falls within that team. From the little I have seen, Seto is outplaying him by a small amount (not much because Seto's defensive conscience is less than Heater's).

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote