View Single Post
Old
11-03-2011, 01:35 AM
BMOK33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Here is an interesting perspective....

When fans like to compare us this season to the Leafs, Sens, Oilers that those rebuilds are "working" and those teams are moving forward they leave out the fact that like us, its early in the season.

Some how a slow start means the season is essentially lost.

That being the case, I suppose they would argue the Bruin's season is over as well?????

Why is it that in their minds a team like the Oilers, Senators or Leaf's wont hit a rocky patch and fall apart?

You know what team looked really good after 7 games last season?
The Islanders. 4-1-2. And then the season fell apart.

The last two games were handed to the opposition. Its not like they were blow outs.

Unlike last season the team is relatively healthy.

Biggest issue is our 3rd line. Right now it is not generating any scoring or offensive punch. The top line (including P.A.) is generating offense. The second line is coming around as well Grabner is notoriously a slow starter. Okposo is never going to be a big goal scorer (20 would be a miracle) and the same with Neilsen.

In reality, I wonder if lines two and three should be flopped. The Neilsen line may do better as a puck pressure checking line over Bailey's line. Or move Grabner up to Bailey's line for a few games, drop Comeau back to the third line.... just a thought.

But the original point teams off to good starts can just as easily fall apart and teams with sluggish starts can just as easily string some wins together and make a run.

The Senators started the 95-96 season something like 8-3-2, they finished worse than the Isles with 19 wins. I have no doubt Ottawa and Edmonton will finish near the bottom, not so sure about the Leafs. They may keep this up for a half a season and then fall off. I'm not very worried just yet, the offense has to eventually wake up.

BMOK33 is offline   Reply With Quote