View Single Post
Old
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Tormentor... anyone!?

Have you seen Henri Ikonen (1994, 6'1", 190lbs) playing in this season? 7 games in FEL with 0 goals and 1 assist.

Who would you compare him against and what is Henri's strenghtnesses and weaknesses? Potential 1st rounder?
Henri Ikonen plays a straightforward game and definitely isn’t afraid of going to the net. I haven’t seen him use his shot that much this season, but based on last year it’s quite good. In Jr.A he’s strong in puck battles and shields the puck well along the boards. He seems to have gained quite a lot weight during the summer which has made his skating/movement look clearly heavier than before. He might be closer to 6’0’’ than 6’1’’ at the moment, but this is just speculation. Finds an open teammate on the rush or after a board battle, but isn’t very creative or much of a playmaker. Has above average hands. Needs improvement in all areas of the game, would become a more dominant FEL player with slightly better/stronger skating. I don’t see him as a potential 1st rounder, mid to late rounder more likely. Two recent draftees from KalPa; Teemu Hartikainen and Iiro Pakarinen play a fairly similar game.

It’s early and some might disagree, but here’s how I see the upcoming draft for Finns at the moment:

1. D – Olli Määttä (London Knights)
2. F – Teuvo Teräväinen (Jokerit)
3. D – Ville Pokka (Kärpät)
4. D – Mikko Vainonen (HIFK)
5. F – Henri Ikonen (KalPa)