View Single Post
Old
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
What was Kesler's ceiling when he was picked by Vancouver with the 23rd pick of the first round? What was his ceiling in his rookie year in the AHL when he had 3 goals and 11 points in 33 games? What was his ceiling when he had 37 points in 80 games in 07-08/his fourth year in the NHL(just four years ago!)? Oh I'll tell you, the vast majority of people(including Canuck fans) thought that at the very best, he would become an elite third line center. People thought that he was not skilled enough to become a top-six player, let alone a a first line center!

Leblanc's resume is more impressive than Kesler's at the same age. I am not saying Leblanc will become a Kesler type player. However, if kesler can become the player he is today. Leblanc, who is more gifted than Kesler was at the same age(not counting size and speed) why can't he become a similar player?

Leblanc has (underrated) skill, decent size(of course he will have to bulk up), hard-work, hockey-IQ, leadership..etc. I would not be surprised if Leblanc became a near ppg player. In fact, Max Pac is now seemingly a second line player and possibly a bonafide first liner in the near future. Yet as early as training camp of last year the majority of people here thought that he would be nothing more than a decent third-liner.

There is no reason to assume Leblanc has no chance to develop into at least a second-line center/winger.
Leblanc never had Keslers physical package though. Kesler has one of the best size/speed combinations in the NHL...

When people are saying that Leblanc will never be Kesler, it's not a knock on Leblanc. It's simply that these people understand just how great Ryan Kesler is...