View Single Post
Old
11-03-2011, 04:43 PM
HabsByTheBay

vCash: 500
When Quebecor brings back the Nordiques, would anybody be surprised to see Tremblay carry their water?

As for the idea that because the town cares so much about the team the journalists have to create controversy, I can only say that I disagree. The entire state of Wisconsin is bonkers for the Green Bay Packers, and I think anybody trying to stir up trouble in Green Bay would be run out of town on a rail. They've even got one fifth the games (excluding playoffs) the Habs do, so they have far more copy to fill in proportion to what's actually going on.

The Habs are fine with journalists, they're probably even fine with informed, legitimate criticism. But the press pack in MTL is too often like two-year-old toddlers trying to knock stuff over, and while it's not the best thing for freedom of the press, I can see why the Habs want these guys to knock it off. The best way to do so is by denying access.

It's just like Tremblay's spiels about how the Habs hate Quebecois. I suggested a couple months ago that he really try to examine the facts and how it would be great journalism. But he's too lazy for that.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote