Old
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Wait, what? Not too happy?

Hiller played way over his head, tonight. Even a top goalie should have let in more than one goal with the pressure we put on. Dude got a mix of luck, skill, and just play hockey gods ******** on us tonight.

There is simply no rhyme or reason to be unhappy, bro. We looked great tonight. Of course we should have won before. We should scored 6 or 7 goals in the 2nd and OT alone. It's not like it was a lack of finish, either. We were missing by inches, centimeters, millimeters, -meters... Sometimes it just goes that way.

Hockey is a game of inches. It always has been. You can't be unhappy at all about the outcome tonight.
Well, I'm happy, but, disappointed, in a sense.

This is the type of game that this team would lose in the playoffs due to their inability to finish. I really can't recall ever being content with a shootout win, unless the team was BADLY outplayed. I just...don't enjoy the shootout. It's really as simple as that. It's a useless cog in an otherwise perfectly put together league (in terms of how the game is played, some of the penalty calls are very weak). I understand the need to have a decided winner and loser each game, but I just think there's a better way to go about it.

Excited for the next few games, they played well enough for that, but I just think that if the team plays like this, they should at LEAST be able to score in the 4-on-4 in the OT...that wasn't even Hiller preventing that, they just flubbed their chances.

I'm not trying to tell you guys not to be excited, be as damn happy as you want. Just how I feel.

On another note: My mancrush on Ryan McDonagh has officially surpassed my mancrush on Kris Letang.

Bask in that for a moment.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote