View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
IMO, it is unfair of that franchise to ask Doan to re-sign with them at this point in his career given the uncertain status of their ownership and location. He has been everything they could have hoped for in terms of a face for the franchise, but how about giving the guy a shot to end his career with a championship?

No offense to you as a Coyotes fan or to that franchise, who I think have done a tremendous job given the circumstances, but I don't think the Coyotes are a Stanley Cup contending team, nor will be in the next 2-3 seasons. They are an above average and competitive team, and they have a lot of bright spots, but they don't have enough. I don't think Doan is going to get a ring in Phoenix.

I say, if he's down, then they should be, too.
You are taking a somewhat narrow position that the be all for every player is playing for a contender. Thank God there are still some very special old school players out there who are loyal to their franchise and their city and not hired guns. I am certain that if Doan wanted to be traded (which he has told me personally that he does not) he would be accomodated but that's simply not what he or the Coyotes want.