View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
I would sit very tight on trading anything right now if I was Sather. What we do have is a good core of players such as Callahan, Dubinsky, McD, Staal, Sauer etc. These are obviously players we do not want to part with anytime soon as it would probably cause some havoc in the dressing room and we're not playing that bad right now to shake things up.

Our trade assets are basically Wolski, MZA + prospects and picks. Prospects we want to keep, and same with picks. Wolski and MZA are at an all-time low value. What I'd do is ride this season out. Let MZA and Wolski go without qualifying them. That frees up about 5,5 million. Avery will be an UFA, so that's another 2 million. To add, we also get another 2 million from Drury's carryover going from 3,7 to 1,7 million. In total, that's 9-10 million which we could and SHOULD spend on a UFA (Parise comes to mind).

Signing a high-profile UFA to a contract at about 6-7 million gives us plenty of cap space to sign remaining RFA's and UFA's that we'd like to keep, and the only one I can see is MDZ who might get a little raise being an RFA, and some depth players and prospects in the AHL. For the players on the Rangers roster, I don't see Fedotenko, Christensen or Prust getting much of a raise, all of them being UFA's.