View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Byrral

vCash: 500
A playoff appearance is not the thing that I would use to determine whether this team has long term viability in this city. I look at the years prior to making the playoffs. The team was an attendance success for the most part for an expansion franchise even as a losing team up until Priest was hired as President.

FGMDM did a good job of selling a bad product but it did prove that there is a viable fan base in this city whether they are CBJ fans or turncoat hockey fans. Either way there are enough "hockey fans" here or within a short distance that like NHL hockey and can support a major league hockey franchise in the Columbus Metropolitan area.

The past few years attendance specifically are from years of losing. This is my third year since giving up my PSL's. I feel a large relief that I haven't spent tens of thousands of dollars on the rudderless and sinking ship on Nationwide Blvd. I can also guarantee that me and the 6+ thousand other PSL holders that have left in the past few years still are huge hockey fans and still support and want this team do well. We also would have never given up our tickets in the first place if things had been different.