View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Lets not go all crazy and talk about bringing back past failures here. This is TM and this is the way his teams play. We have more than enough talent to be one of the top 5 teams in the league and yet we struggle and play up and down hockey.

At times we look like world beaters and at times we look lost and barely capable of winning an NHL game.

TM simply cannot or will not adapt his game plan on the fly. I don't know if it is a case of him not being capable of doing so or simply being unwilling to but the fact remains that TM isn't going to be able to out coach an opponent during a game. He is successful due to the amount of talent on his team and when that team plays simple basic shut down hockey.

We will be successful this year, I think more so than last but I can't see TM leading us to the cup. I am banking on the character of the team being able to win it for us and that is true of every team to some point.

The major difference with us is that I believe that TM is doing the same thing, betting on his players to do it all for him. He hasn't proven himself of being capable of anything more since he got here imo.
Good point, but I believe that when the Kings actually execute the system that he has laid out, they are a top 5 team in the league, when they get away from that, they are, well.....what happened last night.