Thread: Switzerland: Swiss young guns
View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
duga

vCash: 500
They really like Richard's canadian-type of game in Guelph. I think he's got a fair chance to be a late round draft. let's see how Andrighetto's season develops, his critics are pretty good too. But he definitely got the size issue against him, though he doesn't shy away of the dirty areas.

The results the 94ers achieved over the last 1 and 1/2 on international stage don't indicate a weak generation. they won most games against GER,SVK and CZE. and had always pretty close games against all big competition, except the NA' teams.

They may lack a bit of top end talent (though I'm not sold on that), but the forward depth is impressive and comparable to 92/89 generations. For a country with a small talent pool like switzerland, depth is more important then top-talent. it's the basis of our home league, and finally of the quality it'll produce.

there are over a dozen 89-forwards playing in NLA, most of them not as teamleaders, but as role players. (e.g. I'd like to know Schlagenhaufs Face-off stats... nearly everytime I see him in the circle, he wins it clearly).

I don't think the 1st lines in NLA are better than 10 years ago, it's the 3rd and 4th lines that made a jump in quality. and allow the teams nowadays to challenge any european competition.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote