View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Not The One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
The truth is, it bugs me when people make the differentiation between French and English journalists. As if speaking one language or another makes you a better reporter. In my opinion, the pool of sport journalists covering the Canadiens in Montreal is bad. It's bad mostly because those medias are catering to the lowest of denominator. In the end, what we get is a coverage of the Canadiens--if you don't do your "job" as audience to prune what's good and what's bad--that resembles Occupation Double or Loft Story.
I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but what on earth makes you think the bolded par is true, relatively speaking. What makes the Habs' journalists worse than those of other sports-mad cities? AFAIK, coverage of teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Barca, ManU is even more intense and opinionated than what we have here. Success and popularity create even more interest and passion among the fans and this in turns creates more demand for information.

Those that can't stand the heat should perhaps look into becoming Blue Jackets or Panthers fans.

As for the lowest common denominator... well I'm sorry but sports fans ARE the lowest common denominator. I can't stand listening to radio call-in shows for more than a couple of minutes and if I had to listen to this board instead of reading it, I would have stopped coming here long ago.

Not The One is online now   Reply With Quote