View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Seed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The problem isn't them all of a sudden winning 4 in a row; the problem is what happens when they go on another extending losing streak after that winning streak. It doesn't seem like the core players learned their lesson from last season's roller coaster ride as far as streaks go (especially making sure prolonged losing streaks don't happen). I have seen nothing different about this season's version of the Kings that makes me think they'll be able to avoid the same type of slides they had last season.
I agree. I was being a little facetious. The behavior pattern certainly exists. 5-1-1 followed by 1-3-1. The thing is, every team has this happen to them in the course of a season. That doesn't bother me. What bothered me last season was the defense, which was a hallmark of the team all season long completely fell apart in the playoffs. Obviously we won't be able to see if that has improved until the playoffs roll around.

I just don't get too worked up over what's happening in the regular season now that the team is as good as it is. When there was/is a significant fear of missing the playoffs, then I'll start caring a little more, but it's way too premature to be worrying about that right now.

The real test will come in April. Until then.. meh.