View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Yep that was after rookie camp. He looked NHL ready and like our best forward at the camp, but he wanted to go back and play one more year to become a star in Sweden. I think it's great that Ottawa "let" him do it and didn't try to pressure him to stay. I think it gives Silfverberg faith in the organization and creates a good relationship with the player.

Unfortunately I heard he got injured in his last game, but that he had been fairly dominant all year before that which is pretty cool.

Again, he was being compared to a more versatile Loui Eriksson which would just make that pick a home-run.
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Swede and a SEL fan, but I truly believe that Ottawa's patient approach with their Swedish talents will pay dividends. I'm convinced that letting players like Rundblad, Silfverberg, Zibanejad etc hone their skills and become stars in the SEL before throwing them into the big show is the right way to go. Probably my favorite NHL team right now because of that fact (I don't have an NHL team).

It is the best way to develop Swedes IMO. There is a lot of time to learn how to play on smaller ice, a transition I think is overstated sometimes, but the SEL is a great league for Swedes to perfect their "art".

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote