View Single Post
Old
11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Just a reminder, there was small but uniform consensus from Edmonton in recent threads on the topic of Paajarvi: him + a 2nd for Girardi.

Girardi gets kudos for continuing to step up.
But we'd only be losing ONE backliner. We might get lucky with improved play from the new guys, also, is it possible Vtank tanked at Traverse just because he figured Erixon was already considered the golden boy, next in line to get the call, and he was just too disheartened to get it together?

Could Vtank compete for our 6th or 7th now?

But again, WAY MORE IMPORTANT, if we are looking to get assets to build/trade up, Oilers 2nd in a deep draft, wherever Edmonton finishes, is nothing to snub at...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Have to respectfully disagree.

A. Girardi can return more than Pajaarvi

B. I don't think that was the case with Valentenko but if it was, I don't want ANY part of a player who was disheartened and didn't take that as motivation to work even harder and play balls to the wall. I don't know what the story with V was but he was far more involved in his first camp than this one.
Valentenko didn't play at Traverse City, only in the big camp. Also, it was later revealed that he had an injury that he hid from the coaching staff in an effort to make the team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he necessarily would have made the team otherwise (after recovering, he's had 5 games now in CT and they haven't called him up to replace Woywitka or Emenger), but that explains why he looked so much better in last year's camp than this.