Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs Win 4th In a Row!
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He hasn't played great ll the time this year though. But, he's the star so he'll get a free pass from fans.

I could care less if he's the star.
This seems like hyperbole. Plenty of fans in GDTs have been chastising Subban. Nice to know that you're above regular fans and can see through it all, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
There is a reason he is +7 and Subbn is -4. He's handling the competition he's facing better.

That's like saying, well Mathieu Darche is better than Andrei Kostitsyn (a few years back when he played on the first line).

Weber and Gorges have been the best two defenseman on this team. No argument is going to convince me otherwise right now.
I don't get your analogy to Darche/Kostitsyn. Seems to me you're making that very argument with Weber/Subban. Darche, in his more limited role, fulfils that role while Kostitsyn in a 1st-line role doesn't. Consequently, you say Darche is playing better. Well, sure. He's playing better as a 4th liner than Kostitsyn is as a 1st liner. That doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, though: Kostitsyn was clearly the better player. Similarly, if Weber was playing better than Subban, then the coach would be giving Weber the tougher assignments, no? Or at least, sharing the tougher assignments until Subban is back to being vastly superior to Weber.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote