View Single Post
Old
11-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Alternate Jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
he controlled them because......net presence. or the Kings lack of it. goalies at that level will soak up almost everything unless they have someone's ass, stick, feet, torso....sitting in front of them. a NHL goalie with a clear view will gobble up almost everything shot at him. the whole point of posting on the crease and screening them is to make it harder for them to get their angles, positioning and view. until somebody on LA on at least two lines starts doing it, expect more crappy results.

i only recall one after whistle scrum around Khabi last night. DB went in once and that was it. way to get in his head and mess up his game. LA played 60-minutes of warming up the goalie last night.
that's totally true. he almost always was ready and aware of where the puck was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
I think our lineup needs a change, bring Loki and VV up. Let VV and Martinez rotate every game until one proves he is better. Somewhat of the same thing with Loki and Stoll maybe not rotate them every game but often and if Loki is superior then trade Stoll. Maybe put Clifford in the top 9 too. And waive or trade DD44, preferably trade him to a team that needs D maybe we could get a mid to low pick for him.
i'm inclined to agree with tonelli on this one, though. i think we still have some time to evaluate things, and i definitely think some line shakeups are in order, and are far more likely than any transactions occurring. yes, we have done them already, and they might not be the best option, but TM/DL haven't really shown themselves to be very active in that way when the team is struggling. so, regardless of whether call-ups or demotions are necessary at this point, i don't think it is going to happen anytime soon given management's history.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote