View Single Post
Old
11-05-2011, 03:52 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Would be nice to get an update on Torniainen, is he once again injured?
I don't know to be honest. I haven't heard much about him this season, and me listing him there is based on his play last year.

Quote:
Lehtonen is a tad small for a defenseman and doesn’t have exceptional puck skills or skating ability. Overall he’s a fine player and I feel that he could develop into a SM-liiga defenseman, but I’m not fully confident about his NHL potential at this point.
He's not that small, and what I've heard from TPS fans is that he plays beyond his years, is very smart with the puck and always calm. He played very well with the men's team in ET games and already made his debut in SM-liiga.

Myself I've only seen him live playing in Jr. A, and from what I saw he also has a physical element to his game and was surprisingly strong along the boards. Again, this was Jr. A so I'm not sure if you can draw any conclusions from there.

I do agree with you, though, he looks more suited to becoming a SM-liiga defenseman, and that there aren't many things in his game that really stand out. But I think he's talented enough that a team could take a chance with him with a mid-late round pick, after all he is very well-rounded for his age and plays a mature game.

Quote:
The goalie situation is a bit of a mystery for me. Who’s the top dog, is it Auren, Kiviaho, Korpisalo or perhaps Setänen who has been injured for a long time?
Korpisalo has got some recognition among scouts it seems, and Auren has been a big part of Vaasa Sport's success in Jr. A. Haven't heard much of Kiviaho or Setänen