View Single Post
Old
11-05-2011, 08:57 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Excited to see Lehkonen who might be bit underrated prospect right now. 2013 draft looks very good for finland and our hockey is going definetly into right way. More and more kids playing at FEL and they're younger everytime. I think that Granlund was major factor. All what Granlund has done has opened the door for other prospects. Teams are taking seriously their youth players and doesen't hesitate to choose them into roster. Pretty excited for our future.
I'm thinking it's not just Granlund in itself, but more like the antics of the management of Oulun Kärpät who tried to con the Boy Wonder a bit. After that, every team has been far more frantic to give every prospect who shows even a bit of promise a fair chance to show what they can do, in order to avoid the backlash of letting a possible homegrown prize cow to slip onto greener pastures.

I mean, without the whole episode, Kärpät for example would probably still favor imported Czech veterans and with luck, one of the trio of Junttila, Donskoi and Salomäki would have some kind of role within the senior team. Armia would still spend majority of his time in Ässät juniors, with occasional forays into the main squad's bottom-six. Pulkkinen would have long ago fled to Hämeenlinna where he would be a third-line winger playing 12 minutes a game. And so on...

So let's give a big hand to Juha Junno. By shooting himself in the leg he made whole SM-liiga a huge favor.

Last edited by FiLe: 11-05-2011 at 09:38 PM.