Thread: gonchar rumbles
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2003, 07:15 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
Darz is right, we are in rebuilding mode, so I don't think this will happen. But then again, Gainey is known for making moves that no one saw coming. More likely is a trade for another forward, or a d-man from a struggling team. The Spector rumour on Gainey and Gauthier scouting the Ana - Wash game is interesting (see other thread). While I don't normally go with what is mentioned on the Spector site, this one may have merit. Ana is struggling and apparently may want to trade one or two of its younger d-men, Gainey may want to shake up the line up, and Gauthier knows the Duck's players. For once there may be some truth to this rumour...
I really don't see Gainey being a patient man if some of our "better" players aren't playing up to their potential game in and game out. I know there is a general feeling that he will wait the 20-30 games or so to get to know what he has to work with, but he also wants to leave his mark and send a strong message sooner than that.

As for Gauthier scouting ANA-WASH, all I can say is...good!! That's what a pro scout is supposed to do, and all the better to provide Gainey with info when he is ready to pull the trigger on a trade (whenever that will be). Both ANA and WASH are struggling so far in this early season and may be good trading partners (ie, we may be able to get good return on a trade with them).