View Single Post
Old
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Higgins was a GREAT pick, look at some of the other names in that draft and you realize we got a diamond in the rough.
Aslo about Linhart. Ther are no blue chippers in the 2nd round, so you pick a project and try to develop them. Also look at the other prospects picks just after Linhart, not exactly a bunch of Hart trophy winners:

45 Mtl. Canadiens Tomas Linhart
46 Phoenix Dave LeNeveu
47 Ottawa Alexei Kaygorodov
48 St. Louis Alexei Shkotov
49 Vancouver Kirill Koltsov
50 Los Angeles Sergei Anshakov
51 New Jersey Anton Kadeykin
52 San Jose Dan Spang
53 New Jersey Barry Tallackson
54 Chicago Duncan Keith
55 Vancouver Denis Grot
56 Boston Vladislav Yevseyev

Well alot of scouts and people in the know thought Kastitsyn was one of the top talents available, BUT you didn't think so. Your right it is a bad pick, because YOU didn't like it. How does the fact that YOU didn't like it make it a bad pick???

What are you basing this on????? I assume you are a top hockey scout or something???? I seriously doubt you have ever watched any of them play, so I really question your ability to make such an assessment. Please let me know your qualifications for making such an assessment.

I do think the Linhart pick was questionable, but I think they got him cause they had no 3rd round pick, and they must have figured he would have been gone by the 4th round. But LeNeveu or Anskankov would have been a great pick, but you can't go back and say I'd rather have this guy or that guy cause it doesn't work that way. I'm not saying this to you Darz, just in general, as some people just don't understand. What's the point, the picks were made, there's nothing to change that now.