Old
11-05-2011, 06:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Good coaches always find a way to win and they know how to use the personnel they have. Let's not forget that when Richards and Carter were moved, the move was made because many thought that Laviolette now had players that would buy into his system.

The biggest problem hasn't been the personnel, it's been the game plan in Philadelphia. If you're saying that a coach can't win with that lineup that's currently there, you're a fool. Most coaches would die to have a roster that the Flyers have. The problem has been that Laviolette hasn't adjusted his game plan accordingly. And for that, shame on him.

Hey, I like Peter and I really do think he's a good coach. However, he's starting to develop a bit of Hitchcock-itis in that he won't tamper with the system and he'll over play guys just because he doesn't trust others. He needs to stop that crap and trust the guys that he has can get the job done.
Well, his way as won a Stanley Cup. In this regard, the Flyers chose the guy with the ring over the players. If he has players he doesn't think he can win with, that's something the GM has to address. We're not even talking about star players, just defensive forwards. I don't think it's the system, I think it's the players.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote