Old
11-06-2011, 10:36 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Here are my thoughts and im sure ill get eaten alive, despite the win:

The islanders are not that good. 3 terrible goals by Vokoun were the breaks the isles needed to get a much needed win.

Isles just dont have the talent. You have JT and thats about it. Everybody else works hard but cant seem to find that finishing touch.

DP is a shaky goalie whose glove hand is non existant.

The effort should be there monday, but thomas or rask will not be giving away free goals.

Take the win and hope it builds some confidence, but a repeat performance monday in terms of being unable to simply clear a puck out of your own zone????? And you get killed.
Vokoun may have been a little "off" but the high powered Caps had their chances to finish off the Isles in the 2nd and didn't so putting all on Vokoun is not fair.

I am disappointed for any fan who may think that we have JT and that's about it.

Matt Moulson and Michael Grabner are highly capable players as is Frans Neilsen, Mark Streit, Travis Hamonic and Andy MacDonald. Matt Martin is a solid roll player as is Kyle Okposo. (Yes, I think KO is a roll player at this time). To suggest this is a one man team is not fair. He might be the centerpiece, but there are players on the Isles that are very good NHL players.

No question there is much to be done. I don't like DiPietro's overplaying the puck or hot-dogging it out there. And there are times where clearing the zone has been an issue, but the high-powered caps also had a great deal of trouble clearing the zone last night and they are a cup contending team.

I don't think it matters if you have a 9-1 team of a 5-5 team or a 1-9 team if you struggle on any given night clearing the zone, yes, you will have problems.

But dismissing the team's ability to get the win, when lets face it *most of us felt would have been near impossible after the first period is a plus.

Not letting the skid hit 7 games is a plus.

Getting contributions from all 4 lines for a change is a plus.

Things are not great but would you rather be an Isles fan right now a team struggling to climb out of the basement and building through the draft with some skill and a rich history, or would rather be the Blue Jackets a team with only a history of futility, and off to a 2-11-1 start?

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote