Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0
View Single Post
11-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Join Date: Jan 2005
Originally Posted by
Not so much pre-conceived notions, more like "connecting the dots".
- egnimatic eastern European winger with stereotypical reluctance to emphasize defensive responsibilities
- old school coach who is a stickler for defensive commitment from fwds
- high draft pick yet to realize full potential and lagging well behind several players from draft class in level of play, level of recognition & most importantly financial remuneration
- cap spending team with 22M$ locked up in 4 fwds, & with 2 cornerstone players due for massive RFA raises & with 4-5 defensive spots to fill
- public comments indicating level of discord btw player/coach
- team notorious for delaying contract talks until last minute
Factor all those issues, plus what is on pace to be a career year, and you have a pretty strong case for why Kost will quite likely want to test the market & why mtl is unlikely to match the 4-5M$ another team is bound to offer him as UFA
Coaching and/or management change would strike me as the most feasible situation in Which Kost would re-sign...
Short of that (or PG unloading 1-2 overpaid fwds) I don't really see how the team managed to get him signed.
Personally I want him back, & still think he's got ~30goal/~70pt potential, which I'd bet he reaches very soon after leaving Mtl... Sadly.
Good post and I agree with the coaching part.. I can't see AK wanting to stay a Hab if JM is the coach here next season but I hope the Habs find a way to keep him.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by sheed36